Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Feeling hot, hot, hot...

Been in Rhodes since the early hours of Saturday morning, following a trip from Hell to get here. We were greeted off the plane at 0730 by temperatures of 29 degrees; miles hotter than the hottest summer's day in IOM.

The opening ceremony was on Sat night and unfortunately it went on until Sunday morning. With travelling through the previous night I pretty much got no sleep and felt pretty bad. It's now day 4 and I've got a full-on cold. Ironic really, given how hot it is here.

The heat makes running a nightmare. Swim and bike aren't too bad because the water is fairly cool and the wind on the bike helps to wick sweat away. Just that run...

I'm here now and there ain't no point worrying about it, just got to get on with it and go as fast as I can. Hopefully I'll be fast enough.

Apart from that Rhodes is very nice, if you want a holiday spot with guaranteed sun and heat then this really is the place for you. The town of Rhodes itself has got an old medieval centre too with surrounding walls which is worth a look. It's just a shame I hate sun bathing eh?

-AC

No comments: