Sunday, June 03, 2007

Solid week

Review of week 30 (28-05 to 03-06)
Periodisation: Build 2
Weekly aims were:
  1. Swim Mooragh in under 23 mins. Faster than last week. Hopefully this will be part of a Swim-Bike-Run brick sequence on Sat morning.
  2. Complete run speed session on Thurs.
  3. Get rough idea about what's best to eat!

Didn't manage aim 1 - posted a 23:21 in the lake on Sat's session. Considerably slower than hoped. The choppy water didn't help though and it slowed everyone up I think. I'll crack it this week I hope. Got a great run speed session done on Thursday along Ramsey's north beach at low tide on the sand banks: seven 80-second efforts with the final effort lasting 3 mins (was gasping for breath at the end!). In terms of food I'm trying to limit the amount saturated fat in diet e.g. eating cottage cheese (instead of cheddar), and drinking low fat milk etc. I still get to scoff a bacon butty at the weekend though! All in all a pleasing week.

Physiological stats


Average Weight (kg) in morning: 73.9 (down 0.1)

Average Heart Rate (bpm) in morning: 46 (down 0.4)

No worries here.


Preview of week 31: 04-06 to 10-06

Periodisation: Build 2

Again, there will be more race-specific sessions (on Sunday we're doing an Olympic-distance session). I've also just bought a new turbo trainer for my bike so I'll be looking at sessions I can do on that.

Weekly aims:

  1. Complete Sunday's triathlon in under 2:08hrs. It's tricky to set a time limit on this because it depends on the weather (esp. the wind strength) but anywhere around the 2:00-2:15 will be a very decent workout.
  2. Get bike set up with new aero-equipment before end of week (otherwise I won't be doing Sunday's session!)
  3. Sit on a hedge in the sun and watch a TT race drinking water and eating salad with my mates (whilst they drink beer and eat cake, hotdogs, and other lovely stuff!)

32 days to go until Rhodes Triathlon!

-AC

No comments: