Monday, May 21, 2007

Andy's Pink Band Appeal


“Life”, “Live Life” and “Hope”

In May 2005 my cousin Aalish Patterson was tragically killed in a road traffic accident. When a young life is taken away in such circumstances it leaves you wondering ‘what if?’

When Aalish died, the world lost her potential. This made me question what I was doing to fulfil my own – knowing that life can be taken away in the blink of an eye.

Representing the Isle of Man at the Island Games in July this year became my goal, my way of celebrating life. With only a matter of weeks left until the competition, I am selling these pink bands for £1 each to raise money for Project 21.

Project 21 was set up to raise money for a new headquarters and social centre to be built in the Isle of Man for children with learning difficulties. All money raised in Aalish’s memory has been donated to Project 21.

Support

By supporting this worthwhile cause, you’ll be helping children with disabilities on the Island fulfil their potential in the world by giving them Hope and Life.

Celebrate life! Wear your pink band with pride.


-AC

1 comment:

Rhian said...

Hi Andy

My name is Rhian. I have only just found this site and would like to support you. I knew Aalish from College and really cared for her. Would it be possible if you could get intouch with me so that i know how to support you.

Kind Regards

Rhian Machin 19 Kirk Michael ISLE OF MAN