Sunday, May 06, 2007

Brief respite: Football Dinner



Last night, to recharge the social batteries, I made my way to the Ayre United 40th Anniversary Dinner with my Dad and Uncle Walter (who I stayed with when in NZ). As we've all played football for Ayre at various different times in the past 40 years we enjoyed a night of nostalgia, over-indulgence and general merriment. It's OK folks - I only had 1 pint of Guiness (honest!). See pics above.

TOP: Uncle Walter 'breakin' it down' on the dancefloor with a mysterious lady friend!

BOTTOM: And one for my brother Matty featuring his good mate Gordy (center) and another couple of wallys in the Ayre team.
Needless to say fun was had by all.

Didn't get home until 2:45am (wayyyyy, past my bedtime!) but it didn't stop me from getting up at 9am this morning to complete a 3:45hr, 100km cycle.
-AC

No comments: