Monday, May 21, 2007

Successful week

Review of week 28 (14-05 to 20-05)
Periodisation: Recovery Race-Prep week
Weekly aims were:
  1. Win Peel Triathlon (have to aim high!)
  2. Get plenty of sleep and start eating right again.
  3. Practice transition routine twice before sunday.
  4. 8-10 hours (reduced from 15/16)

Really chuffed with the result in Peel yesterday, glad to have achieved my primary aim. I'm confident that I got more sleep over the course of the week than in previous weeks, as for eating right I made a few mistakes involving cereal and flap-jack overdosing! I'm looking into diversifying my diet with emphasis on more protein. As for hours trained, I managed between 6 and 7 so just fell short. Overall, a good end to a transistory week.

Physiological stats


Average Weight (kg) in morning: 74.0 (up 1kg!)

Average Heart Rate (bpm) in morning: 45.2 (down 1.5bpm)

HR is down slightly, perhaps due to sleeping better. With regard to weight going up 1kg means I've put on 2.2kg in 4 weeks. This could be cause for concern if I put on the same amount over the next four weeks but at the moment I'm not concerned because it is likely this is lean muscle mass (I frickin' hope so anyway!).


Preview of week 29: 21-05 to 27-05

Periodisation: Build 1

I'm planning another easy(ish) week to accommodate for recovery from Peel race: I'm looking to stay off the bike for a few days because of a niggle in my right hamstring which has been slow to recover. In terms of swim and run, I think I should be able to managed a couple of mod-high intensity sessions. I'll be playing it by ear I suppose.

Weekly aims:

  1. Complete a quality track session (run) on Thursday - will affect Park Run on Friday: will be slower or miss altogether depending on how legs feel.
  2. Complete first open water swim in Mooragh Park lake in under 23 minutes.
  3. Park Run in 21-23 mins - not expecting any records this week!
  4. Look at increasing stroke rate on Sat swim session.

-AC

No comments: